Sunday, November 25, 2012

Non Tech Alert: My Thanksgiving Texas Twice-Baked Potatoes in Pictures

I know this is supposed to be a techie blog, but I have to eat too.  So what is becoming a Thanksgiving tradition for me is the preparation of Texas Twice-Baked potatoes.  They are delicious, with lots of flavor and spice, which I think adds a little flair to what I think can be a bit bland holiday meal.

The ingredients I use are as follows.  I will not give amounts, but you can see how much I used and make yours based on your taste preferences.

Ingredients:
  • Russet potatoes
  • Grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • Chopped pickled jalapenos
  • Cooked and chopped Bacon
  • Minced fresh garlic cloves
  • Cream or milk
  • Butter
  • Salt & Pepper
Add what you want - green onions are good in these, but I did not have any.

So - bake potatoes as normally done.  Cut in half.  Scoop out potato, place in bowl and mash a bit and add butter, cream/milk and mix.  Then add ingredients (use 1/2 the cheese), stuff potatoes, and top with the remaining cheese.  Bake until golden brown.

Here is the process in pictures:


















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome productive thoughts, comments, and questions.